Moving Tips to Save Time & Money:
- Get your move organized. Make contact with at least two moving companies and get your estimates early so you’re not rushed and your desired moving date is not taken.
- The single most important money saving tip is packing your own household items. This can be tedious work requiring many hours. Paying a moving company to pack your contents can be very expensive.
- Label the top and sides of your boxes.
- Label boxes with the room location at your new residence.
- Have all loose items packed before our arrival on moving day.
- Pack a bag prior to your move with personal items that you may need immediately. (medications, toiletries, etc.)
- Safeguard all valuables such as important documents, jewelry, and collectables.
Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, Firefighters on the Move is fully licensed and insured. Our state of Nebraska license number is M-14191.
What are your hours of operation?
Our normal hours of operation are:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept cash or check. Sorry, no credit cards.
How far in advance should I schedule my move?
We operate on a first come, first serve basis. We suggest scheduling your move at least 2 weeks in advance. The beginning and end of the month are the busiest times to schedule a move. If you would like to schedule a move for a particular day we suggest contacting us as soon as possible.
Are all your employees really firefighters?
The majority of our employees are professional firefighters. All additional employees are close family friends. We do NOT hire day laborers. We hold our employees to the highest standards.
How will you transport my belongings?
We use a 26’ straight truck to move your belongings. Our trucks are equipped with pads, dollies, ropes, bands and straps to insure your belongings are properly protected.
What if the job takes longer than the estimate?
Estimates are typically accurate but are estimates. There can be unforeseen events that may lengthen your move (more stuff than anticipated, weather, logistical challenges, etc.). In the event of this happening, we will inform you of the potential of additional expenses right away.
Do you provided moving supplies?
Yes. Upon request we can provide the necessary moving supplies (boxes, tape, packing paper, bubble wrap, etc.). Please inform us of the need for moving supplies prior to the day of your move. We carry a limited supply on our moving trucks.
Do you provide packing services?
Yes. We would love to pack your belongings. Contact us today for a no obligation estimate.
Do I have to take the clothes out of my dresser?
Not necessarily. All fragile items must be removed from the dresser but clothing can be left in place. On the day of the move, we will decide if the dresser can be moved with the drawers in place or if they need to be moved separately.
How do you protect my furniture?
We wrap all furniture in cellophane shrink-wrap followed by a moving pad. We will treat your furniture as if it was our own!
Can you move my piano?
Absolutely! We have great experience in moving pianos. Give us a call today to schedule your piano move.